Stawell Primary School is a
Child Safe School
Stawell Primary School is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. Our school community recognises the importance of, and a responsibility for, ensuring our school is a safe, supportive and enriching environment which respects and fosters the dignity and self-esteem of children and young people, and enables them to thrive in their learning and development.
Assistant Principal, Tammie Meehan, is the lead coordinator of Child Safety at Stawell Primary School.
Our Staff, Volunteers, Contractors and Members of the School Community are responsible for supporting and promoting the safety of children by:
- upholding the school’s statement of commitment to child safety at all times and adhering to the school’s child safe policy.
- treating students and families in the school community with respect both within the school environment and outside the school environment as part of normal social and community activities.
- listening and responding to the views and concerns of students, particularly if they are telling you that they or another child has been abused or that they are worried about their safety/the safety of another child
- promoting the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- promoting the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of students with culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds
- promoting the safety, participation and empowerment of students with a disability
- reporting any allegations of child abuse or other child safety concerns to the school’s leadership
- understanding and complying with all reporting or disclosure obligations (including mandatory reporting) as they relate to protecting children from harm or abuse.
- if child abuse is suspected, ensuring as quickly as possible that the student(s) are safe and protected from harm.
VOLUNTEERS: To apply for a Working With Children Check, please follow this link: Working With Children Check
- Child Safe Policy [pdf 746.67 KB]
- SPS Child Safe Code of Conduct [pdf 336.20 KB]
- Working With Children’s Check Policy [pdf 176.91 KB]
- Flow Chart for Working With Children’s Check [pdf 487.91 KB]
- Protecting Children from Abuse: Parents and Carers [pdf 778.61 KB]
- Child Friendly 7 Standards Child Safe [pdf 9.32 MB]
- Volunteers Contractors Code of Conduct [pdf 190.37 KB]
- Child safe Reporting Obligations Policy and Procedures [pdf 933.80 KB]