One of our favourite days of the week in our last bout of Remote Learning is going to continue in Term 3, although you may see some differences.
We have listened to the opinions of our students and our families and have changed the format of Wellbeing Wednesday’s a little, to make them better for all, we hope!
In Term 3, Wellbeing Wednesdays will follow this plan from next Wednesday 12th August, and will:
- Not include any new literacy or numeracy activities provided by classroom teachers
- Include a GEM (Gratitude Empathy Mindfulness) activity in the classroom teacher’s Morning Message
- Be an option to complete some activities provided by our Chinese, Art and PE teachers (they will be updated and ready to be used each Wellbeing Wednesday)
- Be time for ‘catching up’ on work if a student chooses to (not compulsory)
- Be a chance for the family to take a break if you decide you need it.
Grampians Community Health and the School Focused Youth Service, have joined forces to provide support for our Stawell families. They can provide support in ways such as what has been listed in the poster shared below. Please do not hesitate to contact the service if you need help.
If you find yourself in need of support through our ‘Breaky Club’ supplies and would like to receive a food hamper, please contact the office on 5358 1255. We can arrange to have one delivered if you need, at any time throughout the Remote Learning period.